What will make your dance floor more successful?
1. Let the DJ do their job. The more you give them as "must play" or "do not play", the more you can
hinder the success of your own dance floor. Some of your favorite
bands may rock ... they may not be too "danceable". Let your DJ be the
judge based on their experience at weddings.
2. You're not the DJ, are you? Give the DJ a few songs you like, not your whole iPod playlist. Most weddings will have guests aging from their 20's to 70's. A Professional Wedding DJ knows what works for all generations, trust them.
3. Dance, Dance Dance. The more a Bride & Groom are on the dance floor, the more your guests will be on the dance floor. You set the example for the day.
4. Don't "major in minor things". Don't put added pressure on yourself or your DJ by wanting to enter the room at an exact part of the song or at an exact lyric. People are WATCHING you, not listening at those times.
6. Don't give your guests too many options. If you have a DJ in one room, a bar in another, a photo booth down the hall, etc ... don't be surprised if your dance floor is not full. Giving your guests other options, gives more reason why your dance floor won't be as packed as you want.
7. Leave it to the Professionals. Up until now, how many weddings have you planned? Exactly! Run all your ideas off your DJ or your Day-of Wedding Coordinator. The smoother your wedding flows, the more successful it will be. Trust the Professionals.
|HOW TO HAVE AN EMPTY DANCE FLOOR ... in 7 easy steps ...|
1. Give your DJ 50+
Cape Tunes "Homework": If your wedding DJ is already reserved, here's some homework we ask Brides & Grooms to complete at least four weeks before their wedding day:
MUSIC CHECKLIST - This is so you can let us know what you like / don't like, etc.
DOWNLOAD MUSIC CHECKLIST HERE
DOWNLOAD NAMES CHECKLIST HERE
After your wedding ... when you come back to reality ...
- Remember your vows ... take the "for better or worse" part seriously ...
- When it's "worse" ... be there for each other ... make it work ... it will be worth it
Don't get "Bride Brain"!
What is "Bride Brain"? According to Urban Dictionary ... Bride Brain is a less invasive, but more expensive version of a frontal lobotomy. Experienced by most brides, as they enter a catatonic state which renders them incapable of sustaining any thought or conversation that does not involve cake, caterers, flowers, wedding dress designers, Chinese wedding dress knockoff designers, updo's, hair pieces, color schemes, wedding themes, and personalized M&M's.
Bride Brain symptoms include, but are not limited to, driving erratically because they can't stop staring at their shiny diamond ring; being amused by the resentment of all their single girlfriends, rewinding songs several hundred times while imagining themselves walking down the aisle, and starvation induced bitchiness which is generally followed by late night binging at a Dairy Queen. (Note that this can only occur outside of the bride's native geographic area, where they can't possibly run into anyone they know).
Symptoms are ordinarily well controlled with valium, alcohol and endless hours of watching youtube "first dance" videos.